An Alinsky Rule 5 Post
The headline of a March 25, 2018 Washington Examiner article read: “Obama envisions creating ‘a million young Barack Obamas’ during speech in Japan.”
“Former President Barack Obama talked about his future plans for his post-presidency life at a conference Sunday in Japan, addressing how he might shape ‘a million’ new, young leaders in his mold…’If I could do that effectively, then — you know — I would create a hundred or a thousand or a million young Barack Obamas or Michelle Obamas,’ Obama said. ‘Or, the next group of people who could take that baton in that relay race that is human progress.’”
The former President predicted that the Obama Foundation will find “ways in which we can study this phenomenon of social media and the Internet to see are there ways in which we can bring people from different perspectives to start having a more civil debate and listen to each other more carefully.”
Obama noted that there is “great potential that young people have in making a difference” in today’s society where “a lot of our problems are caused by old men.”
The planned hub for the Obama Foundation is the proposed Obama Presidential Center (OPC) on the shore of Lake Michigan, adjacent to the Museum of Science and Industry and the University of Chicago campus.
The OPC complex will be funded by private donations; require $100 million in infrastructure improvements; and annex 21 acres from Jackson Park – named after the 17th President of the United States and a slave owner.
Below is a still-shot from a three-minute YouTube video showing Obama reviewing the progress on the design plans for the OPC.
Sources close to people with knowledge of the project suggest that the high-rise structure will contain several floors of faculty offices and classrooms located in the floors above a large auditorium on the ground floor. An extensive curriculum is being planned that will be administered by a rotating group of visiting political activists and scholars with expertise in social media, the Internet, and civil debate.
Although no Dean for the OPC Instructional School for Civil Dialogue (OPCISCD) has been chosen, persons reportedly under consideration include, but are not limited to, current California Governor Dr. Jerry Brown, Former Democrat Presidential Candidate and U.S. Senator, Dr. Bernie Sanders, and former Secretary of Labor in the Clinton Administration, Dr. Robert Reich.
The proposed faculty and curriculum composition during the start-up phase of the OPCISCD is rumored to include the following:
- Cass Robert Sunstein, “Wide-spread federal regulations as a means to centrally control a populous”
- Samantha Jane Power, “How to deploy the capabilities of intelligence gathering agencies to falsely discredit your political enemies”
- Susan Elizabeth Rice, “How to deflect undesirable unintended consequences of a disaster to those innocent of any culpability”
- Jonathan Holmes Gruber, “The art of disguising social reengineering intentions by using doublespeak”
- Benjamin J. “Ben” Rhodes, “How to leverage your kinship with a high-ranking media employee into a high-ranking job in the federal government (With guest lecturers brother David Rhodes, President of CBS News, and the husband of Susan Rice, Ian Cameron, ABC News Executive Producer)
- Special Co- Instructors: The Reverend Alfred Charles Sharpton Jr., Minister Louis Farrakhan, Sr., The Reverend Jeremiah Alvesta Wright Jr. will lead a symposium “On how religion can bring people from different perspectives to start having a more civil debate and listen to each other more carefully”
- Anita B. Dunn (former Acting White House Communications Director), “Lessons learned from Mao Zedong on how to bring people from different perspectives to start having a more civil debate and listen to each other more carefully”
- Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, Special visiting lecturer from the Tech Industry on “Why a national individual guaranteed income for all Americans is an essential to bringing people from different perspectives to start having a more civil debate and listen to each other more carefully”
Each cycle of instruction at the OPCISCD will last 6-weeks and, over time, create a “million young Barack Obamas or Michelle Obamas.”
Former First Lady, U.S. Senator, Secretary of State, and 2016 Democrat Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton will be the Commencement Speaker at the initial graduating class.